Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Me Next

I see that Jason Kenney is going to apologize on my behalf again. I think it is great that the Tories will apologize to any group it thinks it can get votes from, but I think they are thinking too small. I think the Tories need to come to Ontario and issue an apology to Catholics for the persecution and exclusion practiced by government at all levels until the 1960's. Catholics still remember that you couldn't be mayor of Toronto without being an Orangeman, right up to the 1950's. Come on Jason, Catholics make up almost half the province. Get on your knees and beg our forgiveness. It will only hurt for a minute.
Recommend this Post

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 13, 2008

    It reminds me a bit of that unpopular kid who would apologize for everything in elementary school even if he was only vaguely involved with it in the hope that people would like him more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies for historical wrongs are stupid.

    I thought so when Bill Clinton and Tony Blair were doing it, and I still think so when Stephen Harper is doing it.

    Actions count. Getting policies right for the future matters.

    ReplyDelete