Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Where We Are Today

After yesterday's performance in the House by the PM, I would say we are past the point of no return. I can see no way out but to play this right to the end, now. However, this is going to be ugly and people should not underestimate how ugly it could get. Harper has essentially signaled to the opposition that he may lose, but he is more than willing to leave the "victors" a politically radioactive lump to govern. Meanwhile Iggy supporter, Warren Kinsella, has gone to ground. If I was a tea leaf reader, I would say that is not a good sign.

Update: Peter Russell, a man for whom I have a high regard, has a reasoned analysis of our parliamentary system and the situation in which we find ourselves. Sadly, his reason will be lost amid arguments over flag placement.

Update 2 Ok, he is back. I can breathe again.
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment