Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Harper Channels His Inner Gipper

Doesn't it seem strange that this statement:
"This is the same story as before," Mr. Harper said. "Elections Canada's view is that some of our local spending should count as national spending. We have a different view. We looked into this at the time and that's the view we've taken."
Is bizarrely reminiscent of this one:
"I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart tells me that's true, but the facts tell me it is not."
It is just another example of how conservatives don't let facts cloud what is, for them, a wonderful fantasy life -- until confronted by the law. Even then reality is just another option, one that conservatives are forced to accept, rather than acknowledging it is, in fact, reality.
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment