Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Jack And The Dear Leader

All I can say about Jack's latest attempt to make parliament work is this: If Jack can get a clean air bill through with hard targets in the short term, he wins big greenie points. I have grave doubts the Dear Leader will actually go for any of this because it smacks of the leftist "do gooderism" he so clearly despises, but we will see. In watching the Liberal reactions I was struck by how much they looked like they were sucking lemons whenever Jack's name was mentioned.

Update: I guess the thought of having to support this government on a vote of non-confidence would make me look like I swallowed something bitter too. Nice move by Jack. Too bad it will only result in discomfort for the Liberals rather than any concrete movement on GHG's. Still, tip of the hat to Jack.
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment