Monday, August 17, 2009

Censored By Computer

What an interesting experience, being censored by a computer program. I submitted a comment to MacLeans and it was instantly deleted by the "administrator". Unless the administrator is a speed reader he could not possibly have read my comment. No, this was deletion by "stop word list". I wonder if it was the word "shit" or the word "wanker" that big brother caught and caused my opus to be thrown into the cyber gulag.

To the best of my recollection, my entry read:
Lawrence Martin laments: Young Canadians have scant interest in old-style politics and old-style politicians. As they see it, the boring old guys (BOGs) who run this country offer no hope for real change. So they stay away from the polls and support a party that is seatless.
If only there was a way to elect our members of parliament so that the party young people support wouldn't be seatless. If only old farts like Martin didn't shit on the idea of electoral reform. If only Martin wasn't such a wanker. If only.

There, that wasn't so bad, was it?
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment