Friday, March 25, 2011

My Little Corner Of Election Hell

I came to the conclusion, long ago, that the only way the Conservatives can rule is by confusing the public about how our democracy is set up and by perverting democracy itself. They are loathsome, contemptible, and thuggish. They must go. I am not sure what I am going to do yet, as far as my own vote, but I am going to assess which candidate in my riding has the best chance to knock off the Conservative incumbent and I am going to vote for him or her.

Our democracy is broken. It did not break on its own. Politicians in both the Liberal and Conservative governments have eviscerated parliament and have concentrated power into the hands of the PMO. It is the biggest frustration of my life that I may be forced by circumstance to vote for a Liberal, a party that is as corrupt as it ever was. That is what this Conservative government has driven me to. I curse them and I curse all of our elite overlords who have frustrated and strangled democratic reform over the last several years. Somehow, we the people of Canada need to make it plain that we are not content to live in a country with a sham democracy any longer. How we do that is still unclear, but one thing is clear, the election on which we are about to embark is a mockery of democracy and we must find a better system to choose our government.
Recommend this Post

5 comments:

  1. I'm handling this by refusing to care about the election outside of my riding. As far as I'm concerned, this whole thing is about reelecting my beloved MP. She's going to get all the political focus I have left in me, and I have none left for the federal outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you Jennie. I wish my choice was as clear cut. If I lived your riding, I would be voting for your member. She is a shining star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you read my post on kakistocracy?

    http://bowjamesbow.ca/2011/03/22/kakistocracy.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did indeed, James. We are both feeling pretty down about our choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am not sure what I am going to do yet, as far as my own vote, but I am going to assess which candidate in my riding has the best chance to knock off the Conservative incumbent and I am going to vote for him or her."

    Welcome to Alberta.

    ReplyDelete