Friday, July 22, 2011

God Bless You, Elwy Yost

Sad news. Elwy is gone. Elwy Yost is the reason I love films as much as I do. He is an even bigger reason why I like old films and classics. He was one of a kind and he has now gone to join Ford, Lubitsch and the rest in that great cutting room in the sky. So long Elwy. Thanks for the memories.

One of the movies Elwy showed on Saturday Night at the Movies was The Big Clock, staring Ray Milland. It is one of my favorite thrillers, and it is all thanks to Elwy.

Recommend this Post

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 24, 2011

    Saturday night at the movies was an institution in my house especially at the cottage with rabbit ears. It is amazing that a show of that calibre was such a simple formula and has never been equaled. It was all about Elwy and we all loved the interviews. Since his departure, the show was never the same although they tried. I don't know if it is because of "ownership" of movies by large corporations, but the repetition of movie on SNM has left me giving it a miss more times than not. Rest in peace Mr. Yost.

    ReplyDelete