Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Note To Steve: Symbols Are Important

For a smart guy, Harper sometimes acts like he doesn't have a brain in his head. Take for example, the issue of the flag over Parliament. Steve didn't give it a second thought when he lowered the flag over Parliament out of respect for Gerald Ford's passing. Fine, that is a nice gesture and I have no problem with that. However, did no one around him say, "Hey Steve, do you think people might not make a comparison between this act of respect for a foreign leader and your refusal to acknowledge the deaths of our own brave soldiers in Afghanistan, in the same manner"? I doubt it very much. So Steve must have said something to the effect of "Fuck them, I do what I want. I'm the Prime Minister". To which I can only reply. Keep this up and you won't be for much longer.
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment