Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Twilight For Democracy

And as our democracy sinks slowly in the west, we bid a fond farewell to responsible government in Canada. I take no comfort in being right.

Update: Nevermind, apparently Canadians like to be ruled by a thugish government, that may or may not be run by war criminals.

Update Again: And when I say "Canadians", I mean the less than 4 in 10 who, given our insane electoral system, may constitute a "majority". God damn how I hate FPTP.
Recommend this Post

4 comments:

  1. Have a cookie.

    [Look, a majority of Canadians are on the centre-left -- for now, anyway -- so once you guys get your act together and propose an alternative that people think is good enough, you'll win again. (Unless Harper's call on how a two-party fight would play out is on the money. I'm not sure, myself.)]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I just updated. But, given our electoral system, it means not much if the majority of Canadians don't like Harper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw, I just noticed you are back. So, back to the blogroll with the rest of us poor saps you go.

    ReplyDelete