Sunday, July 15, 2007

U.S. Out

The U.S. was dumped from the U-20World Cup yesterday. I was deeply saddened by their 2-1 loss to Austria. I will miss them in the tournament. The play very attractive football, dare I say a North American Style of football -- tough, gritty, aggressive, but fair. It is like North American hockey transplanted onto grass. Anyone who would rather see a game between Austria and the Czech Republic (snore) than Spain and the U.S., needs to have their pulse taken. The tournament is poorer for the U.S.'s exit.

Let me say one more thing. I predict the U.S. will win the World Cup (the big boys version) and sooner rather than later. I for one will be cheering them on (unless they are playing against Canada of course). They have won me as a fan.
Recommend this Post

No comments:

Post a Comment